We assists our clients in the planning and management of the tax-related aspects of a wide range of operations, such as mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures, both nationally and internationally, as well as in operations in the financial markets and in structured finance.
Our tax department teams provide ongoing advice to national and multinational companies, as well as individual clients, in the followings areas:
- national and international tax planning in relation to restructuring operations, international joint ventures, and other exceptional activities;
- tax treatment of specific companies and partnerships, business operations, and financial instruments;
- effects of changes in tax laws impacting on clients’ everyday business operations;
- incentive plans, stock option plans, and employee benefits;
- tax tribunal proceedings;
- other tax matters which may arise over the course of the client’s ordinary business activities.
Our clients include various private equity and venture capital funds, as well as companies involved in acquisitions and concentrations. On that note, our tax department is regularly involved in the structuring of leveraged buyouts, investments in start-ups, property transactions, and other exceptional business.
Our tax department helps companies to plan out reorganisation, restructuring, and divestment operations.
Furthermore, we offer indepth knowledge of the new international accounting standards (IAS/IFRS) which represent the global standardisation of accounting rules, the adoption of which is compulsory in Italy for both the consolidated and separate financial statements of certain businesses, including listed companies and banks.